Friday, April 22, 2011

Onto The Long Road

Onto the long road I drove,
all these long days.
Far beyond the sky above,
I sent words to pray.

If I had not seen myself,
as I faded away,
look how the lilies dressed,
throwing our hopes away.

I found out with great pleassure,
that what I intended,
was far beyond any messure,
yet before all ended.

And again my mind was caught,
in the lilies' beauty,
reminder to what I once thought,
a father's duty.

Not to pay what I could not,
but everything to give.
If lilies are dressed by God,
how greater my gift!

Just a tiny look and kiss,
made all up for me,
as if the essence of my bliss,
is its taste to me.

Without words many times said,
words from our dear son,
to show his love has been led,
by our very ear's song.
This song of love, song of pray.
An eternal round,
in which love we are bound.


This is dedicated to my wife, who, together, have gone with me through the dark steps of uncertainty concerning our son's deafness. May I add, that he is going to be operated really soon, and that it really brins us bakc, the hopes that seemed lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment