Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today's present

Here I'm back again, but don't get too used to have me daily, because I might not be able to make it.

Today I just want to leave you a few inspirational words. They come from two movies I've watched several times. The first, and for very obvious reasons, as to apply for myself (maybe as a warning), comes from the movie the Lord of the Ring, right when Frodo and his inseparable partner, Sam, at the edge of what he said was his farthest journey, remembers the words of his uncle Bilbo:

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo. Going out your door, you step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is not knowing where you might be swept off."

As for myself, I'll say that what I'm starting today, -it could be writing, starting a blog- will redound in something I'm not able to see right now.

The second is from the movie Kung Fu Panda. Among the many fun lines we hear, I've taken out this one, that has inspired me many times. When the old turtle, Master Oogway talks to Panda while he was upset for his failure:

"Yesterday, is history; tomorrow, is a mistery; but today, is a gift. That is why it's called present."

There I leave it for you to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment